One Front Door - coronavirus community response
We want to ensure that no-one feels left behind – no matter what you’re facing – our team are here to help you find a way forward.
This support could be our advice and information on welfare benefits, debt, housing, employment law amongst other areas, or signposting you to appropriate services to meet your needs.
Call us on 0808 278 7958 Monday-Friday 9am-5pm or on Saturday’s 9am-1pm.
If you need help - you can fill in our form below for help and support or call 0808 278 7958
We're open Monday to Friday 9am-5pm and Saturday 9am-1pm, you can also leave a voicemail out of hours and one of our team will get back to you as soon as possible.
Wokingham Borough includes areas such as Arborfield, Barkham, Charvil, Earley, Finchampstead, Hurst, Sonning, Remenham, Ruscombe, Shinfield, Twyford, Wagrave, Three Mile Cross, Winnersh, Spencers Wood and Woodley.
Use this form to
refer yourself for support
Use this form if you are
referring someone else
Frequently Asked Questions
For clients who are deaf or hard of hearing they are able to us the Text Relay service of Next Generation Text Relay service, we have developed a specific number for this use 03444 111 445 which has longer pauses between messages to allow use on the service. The Text Relay number routes calls the same way as the national number does, so it will route to local offices based on their area number or the area number they provide when calling from a mobile. So, if the client’s area number is within Wokingham, then the call should be routed through to them. A Wokingham number that can be entered is 01189787258
For help with food there are a number of options:
- One of our volunteers has spent time collating information on a live-document on supermarket and other food arrangements available locally – you can find this here https://docs.google.com/document/d/17ApdCnFLLjg722yzrswuOvtpaa2wes1DskMod_5oeXU/edit?usp=sharing (please do check to confirm details as this cannot be kept up to date on a daily basis)
- Wokingham Borough Council have a live list of meal delivery services https://directory.wokingham.gov.uk/kb5/wokingham/directory/results.action?qt=&term=&adultschannel=2_23&sr=0&nh=10
- Wokingham Foodbank is available for people needing food due to financial problems, you can access this via our phone line 0808 278 7958 or email form below
We continue to support people with our core enquiry areas including advice on welfare benefits, debt, housing, employment law and relationship and families (along with many other issues).
We are also acting as ‘one front door’ to assess and understand circumstances, to find the most appropriate route of support. This includes working with partners such as Wokingham Borough Council and charities across the borough – areas of support have included:
- Support with collecting prescriptions for people who are shielding or are unable to leave the house
- Support with food deliveries or Wokingham Foodbank
- Telephone buddy support from Link Visiting Scheme
- Much more!
One of our volunteers has produced a document on pharmacy opening times and delivery status (please do check with your local pharmacy to confirm details as this cannot be kept up to date on a daily basis) https://docs.google.com/document/d/15OMhRP8JRFM2-AJhcuunxhtbk7Y9mBvJGhbwQAF-8-Y/edit
Useful links –
NHS guidance on coronavirus – visit https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/ or call 111 if you have an urgent medical problem.
Wokingham Borough Council – https://www.wokingham.gov.uk/health/public-health-campaigns/coronavirus/
Mind (mental health) – https://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/coronavirus-and-your-wellbeing/
Friendship alliance for older people – https://www.linkvisiting.org/friendship-alliance
For health questions around Coronavirus (COVID-19) please consult NHS 111, visit the NHS website via https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/ or call 999 for emergencies
The NHS have also produced 10 tips to help if you are worried about coronavirus https://www.nhs.uk/oneyou/every-mind-matters/coronavirus-covid-19-anxiety-tips/
Wokingham Borough Council are sending out a weekly newsletter with some useful information – you can sign up here: https://public.govdelivery.com/accounts/UKWOKBC/subscriber/new?qsp=CODE_RED